A couple of days ago I received some pretty awesome news – I will be attending OWASP’s APPSEC USA 2013 conference at the Grand Marriott Marquis in Times Square New York November 18th-21st. I was invited and given a very expensive ticket to this exclusive event, and I couldnt’ be more thankful. (Thanks Bobby!!!)
::Happy Dance:: <—Once I get my Youtube channel up and running I will link to this said “Happy Dance.”
So what is APPSEC you wonder? I thought you’d never ask…Although, this may be a snoozefest for those of you whom google did not direct here through a search.
AppSec USA is a world-class software security conference for technologists, auditors, risk managers, and entrepreneurs, gathering the world’s top practitioner, to share the latest research and practices, in the high energy atmosphere – Taken Verbatim from their site.
In other words, it’s a conference where super geeks like me get to learn application security, which encompasses the measures taken during a web-based application’s life-cycle to prevent exceptions in its security policy. The purpose of these measures is to ultimately expose and thus prevent flaws in the design, development, deployment, upgrade and maintenance of the application itself.
Oh and did I mention there’s also a group hack?! Pinch me now.
Anyways, I am in no way qualified to probably be in the same room as 90% of the attendees that will probably be at this conference, but would I miss an opportunity like this? Heck to the no! I will be one very small fish in one very large pond, but I can’t wait to be that small fish. Small fish are cute anyways.
- Speaking at OWASP AppSec 2013 (danielmiessler.com)
- AppSensor at AppSec USA in New York (clerkendweller.com)
- OWASP Foundation: New York Times CTO; Senior Executives from HP, Oracle, Bloomberg LP Among Confirmed Speakers For AppSec USA (darkreading.com)
- Common Web Application Security Vulnerabilities (compsecurityconcepts.wordpress.com)
- Vulnerable Web Applications For Learning Security skills (sheshananda4u.wordpress.com)
- Vulnerable Web Applications For Learning Security skills (infoseclearner.wordpress.com)