No fluff today folks…just a cut and dry “factory reset” post for all of those Windows phone people out there. This may be a snoozer. My apologies, but it’s been a rather long and arduous day.
- From the START screen, swipe left to display the APPLICATIONS list OR from the start screen, you can also select the RIGHT ARROW (located in the lower right hand corner).
- Choose SETTINGS.
- Choose ABOUT.
- Select RESET YOUR PHONE.
- Select YES and allow about 1 minute for the phone to finish erasing itself.
- Go through with the initial activation and setup once completed.
If you are unable to get to the above settings on the phone then continue reading.
- Make sure that the device is POWERED OFF. If need be, press and hold the power button, and then drag the window to the bottom of the display to power off. Once the “goodbye” message appears, allow up to 15 seconds for the device to completely power off.
- Press the POWER button to turn the device back on.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key.
- When an EXCLAMATION MARK (!) appears on the display, press the following keys in the following order:
- (1) VOLUME UP
- (2) VOLUME DOWN
- (3) POWER
- (4) VOLUME DOWN
The device will now start the reset process. Please allow a couple of minutes for it to complete.
- Tip: How to restore a backup on Windows Phone (wmpoweruser.com)
- Evernote 3.1.72 Arrives on Windows Phone (news.softpedia.com)
- Nokia Lumia 928 and 925 make it clear Microsoft is holding back Nokia innovation (zdnet.com)
- AT&T HTC 8X Receiving a Firmware Update (winphankyle.wordpress.com)