With the help of a free app, it’s super simple to create your own customer ringtones and notifications. Everything is done right from your Android smartphone, and there is no plugging into any sort of “tunes” necessary – the complete opposite of it’s counterpart. This is actually quite convenient, and it’s easy enough that anyone can do it.
1. Download RingDroid from the Google Play Store.
2. When you launch the app it will bring you to a list of all available audio on your device. Choose the audio file that you want to edit.
3. Drag the bars to where you want the audio clip to start and end, and if you want to hear your selection, press the play button. After you are happy with the clip, select save.
4. Next, choose the type of audio file that your want to create (ringtone, notification, etc).
5. You have the option to rename your new file. Click Save.
6. After the file is saved, you will have the option to set it as your default, assign to a contact or close the menu. If you do not want to set it as your ringtone right now, you can set it at a later date by going into your sound settings. The file that you created will be added to your available ringtones/notifications list.
As far as downloading music from your phone, if your go to the Google Play Store and search for “Free MP3 Downloads,” there are tons of apps for this purpose. You can also transfer any audio that you have on your computer onto your phone’s SD card as well. Once on the SD card, the audio files will show up in your device’s library.
- Relationship with Your Ringtone (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Getting to da Choppa! (aka: Customizing Your Android Notifications) (pagerduty.com)
- MP3 Ringtone Maker by Super Lucky Star (androidinwords.wordpress.com)